November 22, 2019

Crossing 400 out of 1000Sher

After crossing 200 posts on this blog,  I have recently crossed 400 posts on my poetry blog 1000Sher.in too :) Again a very happy moment and a great milestone for me.

As I have written in the past too, this blog is a project to write 1000 small/big compositions in English/Hindi/Urdu over a period of life time. This was started in November 2011, so exactly 8 years later, we stand at 402 posts. While I don't know whether the project will get completed but a milestone of 400 definitely gives hope. 

It's also a great proof of what a long term persistent work looks like. That's one thing I like about blogs ( or any body of work ) that we can go back and see how far we have come. I don't know how good my compositions have been (although friends have appreciated quite a few of them, in the past ). But I am definitely proud of the efforts I have put in last 8 years. 

Yes, the frequency has come down tremendously in past few years. I am a family man now, so I don't get that much time to think and express myself in poetry form. This is one of the regrets I have for sure, but I am trying my best to get back into the groove. This daily writing experiment is a part of that thought process/plan. 

The thing with poetry for me is that I just can't write any shit like I do here on my blog. I must myself feel the content to be worth sharing even if it is 2 lines long. In the past (4-5 years ago) I use to sue  my free time in the cab to and from office to think and compose something. Most of poems that you may read on 1000Sher are written in multiple sessions of thinking and editing. But I don't get that luxury now. So now, I only write when I feel really inspired or frustrated. 

By this rate, I will probably reach the 1000 mark in next 12-15 years. But I am not in any hurry, as long as I am progressing towards that goal. 

Nowadays, I am taking help of my good friend Akshita (she was also the editor of my Novella too) to review all the past posts. With her excellent analytical skills and great command on language, I hope to make this blog error proof (or at least reach somewhere close by ). 

1000Sher has been an attempt to prove myself that I am much more than just a programmer or a good student. I am not even aspiring to be called a great poet, as long as my poetry resonates with someone's feelings and acts as a medium of self-expression. 

Hope you have a look at the blog especially the posts of last few months. Please visit the archive and see if you find something worth your taste. I am sure something will definitely click. And while you are at it, please do let me know if you find any spelling/grammatical mistakes. 

Now onto 500. Let's begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment