April 20, 2012

... still don't want you to get hurt

Enough girl, I have had enough,
I just can't take it anymore,
I gave you chances, not once but twice,
Now you don't deserve a third and forth.

Hey I never asked you to love me,
Heck if I deserve it, I ain't sure,
All I wanted was be respected a li'l,
But you behaved as if I was obscure,

I tried my best not to hurt you,
Doesn't matter if I got hurt doing so,
But you treated me like a dirt-bag,
A commodity to pick, use 'n throw,

Yes I liked you, I still do,
It was Love or what, I don't know,
I cared for you more than anything else.
May be that's why you took me for sure.

You broke my heart, I remained silent, 
Got trashed, didn't speak a single word,
You insulted me, dented my confidence,
I still kept you first, my thoughts immured,

But everything in life, good or bad, comes to an end, 
No miss, I ain't taking it, the way I used to take before,
I can't be your toy to play & throw & break,
A new one you will now have to procure,

The beaker of tolerance is overflowing now,
At any point of time this volcano can erupt,
I just hope you go away, far far away from me,
Because I still don't want you to get hurt.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot bro,
    And I assure u, that it's all imagination. It has nothing to do with anyone's life known to me.

    But yes, I do believe that the written words are somehow, somewhere related to some experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff!!
    One thing I found different from your other writings is that you used metaphors/similes here. I'd encourage you to try to incorporate them whenever possible because I really love this stuff. They are chocolate chips in the already delicious ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I tried 2 different things in this one:

    1. Instead of usual lovvy-dovvy poem, I wrote about getting hurt/hate.
    2. I tried to write it in rap style (not a great attempt but still) and hence the stuff u mentioned.

    I am glad u liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last para is the soul of this poem.Good depth in it. but at some points it seems that you have tried to rhyme words forcefully like a caribbean rapper.Anyway, i liked the raw nature of this poem and the 'in your face' attitude. A nice change from your usual writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "tried to rhyme words forecefully like a caribbean rapper" :D

      Hahaha, well you are actually true. I did it at 2 places! :)

      And yes a good find! That last para, I had this idea a long long time, even before I became a regular poet :)

      Thanks for insightful comment!

      Delete