March 04, 2012

Untitled: Part 5


By the time I took out mobile from the pocket, I was notified 5 missed calls. It was Parag, the chatterbox of our group. So annoying, that I couldn't stand to stand beside him for 5 minutes but couldn't imagine my life without him either. As I mulled over whether to call him back and what to tell him as an excuse for being late, I received a message from him. "Wht the hell dude! why u nt picking up nd whr r u? did u take da wrng bus?".

Wrong bus!! Wow! How should I tell him that at the moment this is was the most right bus for me to be in! But hey, wrong bus idea was all his! I quickly typed, "Oh, sorry mate :( Couldn't pick up, am stuck in the middle of an overcrowded bus and it seems I actually have taken the 'wrong bus' ;( And there is even no space to get out from this 'hell'. Moreover, I started a little late. So, expect me to be 2-3 hours late..."

A few seconds later, "shit! Kk... reach soon. v r waiting.". How stupid of you Parag! I guffawed in my head. And at the same time, felt a little angry for getting such a short reply for such a long message. But, then he couldn't be blamed. At least he replied, I don't even get replies for over 80% of my messages. And after all, SMS does mean "Short" Messaging Services, not emails.

I was also feeling guilty for keeping my friends waiting yet another time. We had planned to watch the latest Hollywood flick, go check out a number of famous places here and have a good time the whole day. Now I wasn't sure if we would be able to do any of that. But the guilt went kaput the moment I saw her again.

The bus was a quite noisy, with all the people talking to each other. I didn't understand a single word of their Telugu. It's frustrating sometimes when friends do that and I don't get anything. But right now it was like a blessing. Because at the moment, all the Telugu chatter around wasn't distracting in anyway at all, in fact was acting as a perfect background score for my personal movie!
 
My eyes were still glazed on her. I wondered what her name would be. Asking her was not an option, but from the past experiences of hearing the names of a lot of girls here, I could bet that her name ended with an 'A'! 

"Why not call her 'Shraddha'? 
- Oh, not again, can't you think of any good names. You recently named your notebook as 'Shraddha'.
- Arrey yaar, but can't 2 people/things share the same name?
- Bro, 'Shraddha' is so North Indian! You gotta come out with something better.
- But, she definitely seems like 'Devotion' to me!
- Devotion my ass. By that logic you should start calling all the beautiful girls you see from morning to evening as 'Shraddha'. Probably give them versions like your softwares. Shraddha v 1.1, Shraddha Alpha, Shraddha 4 RC. And yeah, why not call Angelina as Shraddhangelina?  
- SHUTT UP!!
....
"


My brain was not the best place to be in, at this moment. As the left and right part of my brain struggled to self-name my muse, suddenly a hard brake from the driver jolted the thoughts out of my mind, and my body from my position. What the heck happened there?

2 comments:

  1. Hey what do you mean when you say "she definitely seems like 'Devotion' to me!" ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it just means "I have a big crush on her" like when u r devoted to someone/something u can't stop thinking about them/it.

      Delete