August 08, 2011

What do you Love?: Twitter

Miss the lady with the phone :'(
Under "What do you Love?" series, I have previously talked about Linux and Google. Today I am going to talk about another thing I absolutely Love: Twitter. (Note: you can click any of the screen-shots below to go to the original tweet! :)

I joined twitter in February 2010...
My first tweet :) 


Initially I would use it just to share any news I came across web because I found it easier to share on twitter (as compared to other SNS) due to some extensions.

At first, I didn't follow many people except a few friends who also had made an account just to try out the service.

But, as I kept using it, twitter did make me feel that I was talking to Sachin or Aamir...

For months I didn't use it much. But suddenly something happened. A few friends joined. I am not saying Twitter was crappy before, but it suddenly became awesome!



By that time new Twitter came!

While some of the friends went away (I don't expect my friends to like everything I love. Use FB, be happy :) but I stuck with it.

As days passed by, I found a few new and unexpected friends who incidentally also liked Twitter as much as me.


And as a result this year, I went into Twitter overdrive. Now, I have been tweeting like/about anything!...

It could be something deep...


It could be something (not so :) funny....

It could be retweeting interesting stuffs...

It could be egging friends...

Or sharing stories about them...

It could be about frustration from twitter...

Or something else...

It could be having serious conversation...

Or stupid ones...
Or secret ones...

It could be giving advice...

Or getting one...

It could be participating in Twitter trends...

Or ridiculing them...

It could be asking questions...

It could be trying out new things, inside Twitter...


It could be giving reviews to movies...

Or the Albums/Songs I liked...


It could be sharing insights about my little brother's life as he keeps growing...

It could going away from twitter...


Or coming back...

It could be celebrating milestones...

Or as it always has been, sharing stuffs...


Well I can go on and on. But the simple fact is that, twitter has changed my life (I hope for good). I know, I am a little addicted to it. And I also know that addiction of any kind is not good, so I am trying to find a balance (after all it's "just a service" :). But I am really thankful for twitter, for giving a shy guy a voice, a place where he can be his true self without being shameful for that.


4 comments:

  1. why didnt u add snapshot of my account ???..ur blog reaches out to mass , by that my twitter acc would hv bn promoted and hv bagged some followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, by reaching out to masses you mean you, PK and a few others :D

    Well mate, I have tried to tell a little story through this post. And since it was basically "why do I love twitter", it mostly contained my tweets. But I tried my level best to accommodate all my Twitter mates in some way or another (since I talk to PK the most there, hence a little bit bias).

    I may have not used any of "your" tweets, since you tweet rarely, but I have used tweets/pics mentioning you at 2 places. First one is at the very top and second one is in between, and both clearly mention your twitter handle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting post..I could have kept reading it even if it has infinite length!
    Pata b nai chala kub khatm ho gayi post ;)

    @sjain You are Amir khan of twitter, only one tweet per year and a heavy one ;P

    Im missing twitter now, I'll make a comeback soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, yeah. I also wanted to write more than these. In fact, I had to do some research and digging up of previous tweets, and I could only touch about 20% of them! So a lot of gems must have been left behind.

    But the problem was that, setting up this whole post took hours (probably the most time spent preparing a post, ever!). And also more images would have meant heavier and longer page which would have been a turnoff for other "Well I don't Love: Twitter" guys.

    ReplyDelete